West Side Learning Center offers English-Language Learning (ELL) adults a variety of classes and 1:1 tutorials to enhance multiple competencies in literacy, technology, and vocational skills; access employment; and link with community resources.
Education, training, and employment services for English-language learning adults
Click here to open our program brochure in PDF
Provide a culturally-responsive learning environment
Build on individual strengths
Improve English fluency
Promote multiple-language learning
Assist adults in reaching self sufficiency
Facilitate access to community resources
In our school we offer:
- Basic, intermediate, high-intermediate, and advanced
- Computer adapted courses for ESOL students
Click here to open our VESOL Programs brochure in PDF
- Vocational English and Training
- Teaching Assistant/Literacy Coach
- Office Technology Assistant
- Health Careers
- Internships, in area businesses & schools
- Credential translations for Higher Ed outcomes
Seminars in language acquisition and cross-cultural competencies are offered to the community at-large. Current participants include the City of Syracuse Police Department, LeMoyne College Physician Assistant graduate students, Syracuse University Health and Nutrition students, and local businesses.
Find a job…Keep your job!
- Access to employment
- Resume Writing
- Job Applications
- Interviewing Skills
- Workplace English
- Credential Translations, English/Spanish
- Be part of our learning team! Tutors, Language Partners, Teacher Aides, are welcome!
Computer Literacy Skills
- Intro to computers, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and Outlook
English for Academic Success
- Preparation for training and/or college